Sunday 8 December 2013

What have I been doing you ask??? Well.....

Since my last blog in 2012, yes I'm slack, so many things have happened within my family.  There's been a relationship breakdown, not himself and me thank goodness, one grandaughter turning 6 the other one turning 1 and starting to walk, jobs lost and then gained and then lost, another knee replacement, that makes four (no I don't have 4 legs it's 2 on each ) lots of rain then  no rain, daughters getting another year older and a big one looming for me!!!  I think that will do don't you?

Apart from all of that, we are all still reasonably healthy even though himself and I creak a bit more , and make that awful grunting noise when we bend down to pick something up.  We seem to have lost control of some of our bodily functions too.. What the???

I just love the way we force ourselves to stay up until 10pm cause we're all grown up now, even though we'd really liked to be tucked up by 6.30-7pm.  We stay home if it looks like rain or it's a bit cold, I stop drinking after 4 glasses because the hangovers last for a week now. And guess what I LIKE IT like that!!

I watch all the ads on TV with these fabulous retired couples canoeing and kayaking, skydiving and pedalling their way around and I think "Good on you!!!"  Just at this point in time I'm fairly happy just doing my thing.  That's not to say that one day in the future I might decide to bungey jump naked from a tall bridge, (possibly suffocating myself with the layers of flesh that roll down  as gravity takes hold) or squeeze myself into a wetsuit that makes me look like a rissole in a condom, and go diving with the sharks but right now I'm all good thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment