Sunday 8 December 2013

It's 7.30 on a Sunday morning and himself had to get up at 4am and go to work, so after a little doze I decided that it was about time I got back into all of this.  It doesn't matter that no-one else reads it because it actually feels quite good to sit down and express myself.  I was laying in bed thinking what on earth can I write, at times my life seems almost boring, but then I went through all the things that have happened in the last few months.  Himself has got a job driving trucks and is also doing a training course which hopefully will mean a teaching job at the end of it so that the rest of his working life will be a little easier on the old body.  Our eldest daughter, who you will know from her blog, Inspired Kate, has done remarkably well with her photos.  She's won the top prizes at our local fair and has got a lot of interest off the net, does local school and family photos and for a girl whose photography claim to fame was taking lots of different shots of her feet and the sky, she really has achieved.  Our youngest daughter has managed to come out the other side of a bad breakup and come home, save up and has bought herself the most gorgeous little cottage in our little town.  She's incredibly excited and moves in on the 20th December.  Pretty damn proud of both of them.  So all is good with husband and daughters.

The beautiful granddaughters are just sensational little human beings.  Chloe, now 7, is gorgeous, confident, loving and just a treat to be around, the little one Summer, or Pingu as we call her (she has her very own "pinguanese language") is just a huge character, very independent and is soooo cute!! We are blessed I can tell you.

Then there's me and after all this is ALL About Me!!!! Well I've come to the conclusion that I'm a little boring.  I need to get off my backside and do something so I'm thinking next year, that I shall look into doing a language and trying to learn the piano.  I've had all these plans for ages and then something else happens and I have to put them on the back burner but not this time!!  I had the big 60th this year so time marches on and I need to achieve a few things.

Two things I'm very excited about is, going to a couple of concerts.  The girls bought us tickets for Bruce Springsteen, who I last saw in 1985 when I was 31 and he was 33 I think.  Well a bit damn different this time I can tell you but I'm really looking forward to that and then Ladies and Gentlemen it's the Rolling Stones!!!  It's cost us 3 weeks food money, (I told himself if he had just taken me in 1995 it would have been sooooo much cheaper!! ) but who cares.  For Gods sake they're accumulated age must be nearly 300 years, and I'm never going to see them again, while I can still stand anyway!.  I shall be Iboprufenned up to the eyeballs that night let me tell you, like most of the audience I would think.  It's no good smoking anything, we just go to sleep on it at our age, so painkillers it is.

Don't think there's much more to say except that Haven Hill is still going well.  Sometimes I get restless but the thought of actually walking away from my little house snaps me right back, so I guess I'm here for the long haul.  I have friends who are talking about moving into 'Lifestyle Villages' and that's pretty scary.  It feels a bit like saying 'well that's it life's over for me I'll just wait here for the call up ' and I'm afraid I'm not ready for that.  I look at the number 60 and all of a sudden it doesn't look that bad.  I'm feeling pretty good, and I'm enjoying thinking about all the things we'd like to do.  We had talked about getting a caravan and doing the old Grey Nomad thing but the son-law, a Harley rider with himself, came up with idea of a Harley Spider and trailer. Might be worth a thought, we'll see.  Do like the idea of a van with everything setup though, just walk in and grab a drink and everythings there!! We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment